The hearty peaches hold up beautifully in the oven, resulting in an incredibly plump and juicy fruit. The crumble topping adds the familiar cobbler flavor profile with the perfect amount of contrasting crunch. Just a drizzle of local honey at the end brings together the sweet and sour of this dish into one perfect dessert. Promise me you’ll find someone special to share dessert with and bake some peaches before Summer’s end?
Baked Peachesserves 8Ingredients:4 peaches, cut in half and pit removed2 Tablespoons all purpose flour2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar1/4 teaspoon ground ginger2 Tablespoons butter, chilled2 Tablespoons granolaHoney for plating
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Stir flour, brown sugar and ginger in a medium bowl until combined.
- Cut butter into small cubes and cut into flour mixture with a fork or your fingers until it is evenly distributed and a loose crumble forms. Lightly fold in granola to crumble mixture.
- At this point, the crumble can be refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Place desired number of peach halves, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet. Fill cavity and sprinkle top with crumble mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minuts until golden brown on top. Serve warm, drizzled with a touch of honey.